Monday, February 28, 2011

Nothing to Call This One I Think but Trades

Okay, so, let's review what happened during this eventful trade deadline day. Let's see now...

Um, oh, big news actually. Chris Campoli gets traded. But he doesn't just get traded. Oh, no. He gets traded to Chicago. Which means, I am so fucking jealous. You know he was probably just like sitting there all day thinking please don't trade me please don't trade me and then finally Brian Murray was like, "you're traded" and Campoli was like noooooooooo but then Bri said "...to the Hawks." And Chris Campoli was like YES! SCORE! I GET TAH MEET JOHNNY TOEWS!

Sergei Samsonov got traded to the Panthers from Carolina. Didn't he used to be good? Oh, and another big news. DUSTIN PENNER got traded to, wait for it. Ahem. Edmonton! (mini fit of delight). In exchange, the Kings got a first rounder, and a third round pick! W-O-W. Oh, and some guy named Colten Teubert, but he's not important.

Oh, Caps and Devils make a Jason Arnott-Daved Steckel switcheroo, which I'm not too sure I'm entirely happy about, considering I know nothing about either player or either team.

The Habs got a goalie, Drew MacIntyre. I...don't know why.

Um, kay. That's about all the trades of interest to me that have gone down. From my four predictions, three proved to be true. Pretty good, eh? First, Chris Philipps was not traded. Next, not a single thing was done about dear old Pascal Leclaire. I did actually say that he would never play another game in the NHL, which is yet to be decided. So I guess we can just count that one as half a victory. And then finally, Chris Campoli's trade made my "more Sens shall be traded" prediction a reality. However, I did specify for particularly Kuba or Lee...I think this one goes for three quarters of a point.

Right, so all added up, I got two and a quarter correct out of four. That's more than fifty percent, which is pretty dece, considering the majority of the hockey players in the NHL have an average much lower than that in their shootout rates.
Yeah, that's how my thinking process goes. Don't judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment