Monday, February 28, 2011

Trade Deadline!

Guess what? Today is the trade deadline! This is so exciting, I can hardly contain myself. My face is pink with barely controlled glee. I'm not being sarcastic. I know sometimes it's difficult to tell in writing but this time I am genuinely excited about this trade deadline. Know why? Normally, each year I'm not even aware that it's happening. But, BUT, this year, I have a TSN Trade Centre app on the ipod (his name is Allan), so I'll be getting alerts all throughout the day! Although, one problem may be that it blurts of the SportsCentre theme song every time there's an update, even if I have it on silent, which may be a problem considering I'll be in class...oh well. In sure my teachers will understand. And if not, well, screw them, they wish they had my super cool trades app.

So, my predictions are as follows:

Chris Phillips shall not be traded. I know I said he would be, but I don't know, I figure if it hasn't been done by now than it'll never be done. And besides, he isn't a free agent, which means he has that superpower that gives you the ability to say "No, I don't want to be traded there." In more litteral terms, it gives you the ability to be Dany the Douche. Boy, I haven't talked about him in a long time.

Okay, and also, Pascal Leclaire will never play another NHL game for the rest of his life. Yeah, I know, a pretty lofty prediction. But it's my gut. His injuries have ruined him. No team will want him, so he's going to stay on waivers forever and ever.

Next prediction is that more Sens will definitely be traded. Of these, I predict it'll be the likes of Filip Kuba and Brian Lee. But that's just me. Any one of them can go at this point. The ones that definitely won't be going are Alfy, Spezz and Karlsson. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, that's just what's going to happen.

Okay, final prediction: If any Pittsburgh Penguins get traded, I might cry a little bit. I know that's not really a prediction...well, I guess it is. I predict I shall cry.

We'll see after 3:00 p.m. today which of my predictions proved to be true. Enjoy the day everybody, happy apping!

No comments:

Post a Comment