Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Finals Today

The finals of the Baby Canada tournament are today. USA-CANADA. Holy crap. I am a full-out Canada fan, I should tell you, before you read the rest of this. I am and will always be faithful to my country. It is the best country of them all. Both Baby and Adolescent. But I can't help but think...maybe USA is gonna win. I know, I know, it's impossible. Canada is the best, the all-mighty, all-powerful country, hockey is our game, it's in our blood, I know. But USA is so fucking good this year. They're fast and quick and smart and they play a simple game without an over-load of penalties. This year, they're actually good. They're actually competition. All the other years, some of the USA players were actually envious of Canada, they actually wanted to be on our team! They wanted to change nationalities, that's how awesome and kick-ass we were. But not this year. This year, it's the opposite. This year, they hate our guts. This year, they want to kill us. And since we've won five years in a row, I don't think our team has that same kind of "go big or go home" attitude. For the first time in 5 years, I'm scared for our boys out there.

And it's not only in the juniors. Steve Yzerman went with the old and experienced player approach this year, hoping that it would change our current Olympic men's hockey out-comes. Whereas the US took the young, quick and agile players. We went with intelligence, they went with freshness. Now we'll see which one will prevail. Smart or fast? Old and experienced or young and new? Veterans or Rookies? That is the question, people. Let's hope we made the right choice.

1 comment: