Sunday, September 26, 2010

Exhibition

You know how sometimes you get like a rush of firsts in a really condensed period of time? Like your first drink, and then your first passing out, and then the next morning you get your first hangover and you learn about your first criminal offense the night before. I had that. Not the alcohol thing. It's more of a hockey-related thing, obvi.

Over the past 24 hours, I've experienced two firsts. Numero uno, Taylor Hall's first game in an NHL uniform as witnessed by me. Included in that was Taylor Hall's first goal in an NHL uniform as witnessed by me. Also included in that is my discovery of Magnus Paajarvi (Pajaarvi?). The final point of that extensive list of Taylor Hall related firsts is feeling the disappointment of not witnessing my first ever T-Hall/J-Ebz matchup in an NHL uniform. This happens to be the first time I have felt this particular tinge of disappointment.

The second first that I discovered earlier this evening is that seeing Sergei Gonchar in an Ottawa Senators jersey MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment