Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thumbs Up For The Youngins

Yes. Hello. I'm back. Did you miss me? Of course you did.

I watched a Sudbury Wolves Bantam AAA game today on tv. It was exciting for 4 reasons:

Reason #1: Tie Domi's son, Max Domi, was playing for that team. He is 15 years old, and is a major prospect to be a future NHL superstar. His playing style is almost the complete opposite of that of his father's, but he has the same body type: short and big. If the Hockey Gods give you that kind of body, you have two options: -Option #1: You become a thug, of the hockey playing variety of course, only brought out onto the ice on the occassion of knocking someone else's (or your own) teeth out. -Option #2: You become Sidney Crosby.
Thankfully, young Max Domi has chosen the most desirable path, yet much more difficult to attain. Our Sid is his role model, see. He shapes his game after him. Some loftly goals, I'd say.

Reason #2: Todd Bertuzzi's nephew was playing for the opposing team. Small world, eh? Indeed. Imagine being related to Todd Bertuzzi though on the eve of his near-deathening hit on that guy who I don't quite remember the name of. Remember, the one that like broken his back or something and made him never able to play in the NHL ever again? Yeah, imagine being related to Bertuzzi when that happened. "Son...I have some news about your uncle." Baha. Geez. Poor kid. He was pretty damn good, though. Had 3 goals and 3 assists going for him already in that tournament.

Reason #3: Marc Staal used to play for the Sudbury Wolves. So did Jared Staal. This is a very special team in my heart. The lucky bastards. Imagine an NHL team getting two Staal brothers. Wow. Major hearthrob marathon.

Reason #4: There used to be four reasons. Now I've kind of forgotten what we're talking about. So, for now, there shall only be three. But I will come up with a fourth. I promise you this. I will remeber.

No comments:

Post a Comment