Sunday, February 28, 2010

Parties On Ice

I was actually in the middle of my own hockey game (kicking ass by the way) when I heard about the women winning the gold medal against USA. Our coach got the e-mail on his blackberry and called a time-out just so he could tell us the news. I'm pretty sure the other team had no idea why the hell we were wooping and cheering and high-fiving. But those women kicked ass. They went undefeated the entire tournament. They now have three Olympic gold medals in a row.



What scares me though is that Haley Wickenheiser won't be on the team next Olympics. She's been on that team ever since it was made. And I'm not even exagerating here; the Olympics didn't let women into hockey too long ago, and Wickenheiser was there right from the beginning. She's our captain, our heart and our soul. Canada's got a lot of depth, I'm not denying that, but it's sure gonna be a change to play an Olympics without her.



On a much brighter note, check this out. Trust me, you'll be happy you did. If anyone didn't hear about the way the Canadian women celebrated their gold medal after the game...well, Perez, the light shines on you. Thanks Micaela :) for supplying the link.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-26-canadas-womens-hockey-team-parties-on-ice

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!! MY ONE WORD OF FAME!! :p
    ohh btw found something else
    can you say sidney crosby will be extremely let down- what were you thinking raper or slow motion :p
    http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-27-rapper-juvenile-arrested-for-pot-possession
    slow motion for slow motion for me
    hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raper OF slow motion

    ReplyDelete