Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bobby-Lou, Thank You. Thank You.

Canada did it. We did it. We defeated Russia. Bam.

Not that it was a close game at all, but I think it's safe to say I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, just waiting for Ovechkin to score three goals and tie it up. It could have happened. It's happened before. That man can put pucks in the net like the goal's a blond slut and the puck's his...yeah. But he didn't. Not then. He was hardly even there. But it doesn't matter. We don't care about him. We care about us. And how we completely humiliated the most skilled team in the world. I lost my voice that game, I was screaming so much. I was just sitting there, wearing my red believe shirt underneath my Letang Penguins jersey, bellowing my lungs out. Every goal we scored, the house shook, to say the least.

I cannot even begin to believe that that was the quarter-finals. It could have easily been the finals. It's not often that your quarter is more intense than your semi. We can't go and start under-estimating Slovakia, though. They beat Sweden. They beat Alfie. And the Sedins. That still blows my mind. But it doesn't matter. We'll take care those pesky Slovaks, and then we'll move on to humiliate the Americans and make them wish they'd never even come to Canada.

We are hockey. It's in our blood.


**Just a little side note in case some of you were wondering in the Canada-Russia game why, every time Robert Luongo touched the puck, they crowd errupted in a fit of boo's. And especially in his team's town, too. You'd think he'd be a hero. No, it was not the Russian fans. It was us. And we were not booing. We were cheering him on. He will win us Gold. And we were congratulating the fucking hell out of him for it.

"LOUUUUUU!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment