Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Irony

Remember my post from a while ago called Injured Reserve? I talked about all of my favorite players who all of a sudden have simultaneously become injured. I raved on and on, and at the end, I said that if this keeps up, soon Ovie and Sid will get hurt. Well, guess what? Ovechkin is hurt now. Yeah, I know. I jinked it. I'm sorry. Not that any of you like him at all. No one around here seems to like Ovie. I don't understand this. He is one of the greatest hockey players of all time. Yeah, maybe he's a bit cocky, and maybe his goal celebrations are a bit over-the-top, but he's good! Just look at the goddamn stats! And you can't blame him for loving the game, that's just the only way he knows how to show it. I don't know about you, but I could use a little more enthusiasm from our hockey players nowadays. I'm not saying it's getting boring, but they could at least spice things up a bit. The fist pump is getting a little old.

No comments:

Post a Comment