Saturday, November 21, 2009

Disapointment.

Remember how in the last post I said Thursday was gonna be the best day ever? Well, turns out I was wrong. Turns out, Thurdays was the worst day ever. Let me walk you through it.



Pittsburgh was in Ottawa. I was driving to school in the morning when I recieved a text from my good friend Gabby who lives in Kanata. Now, here's some little inside info: The Brookstreet Hotel? The hotel to be at. The hockey teams stay there when they play in Ottawa. You know how many famous people have probably worked out in that gym? Gahhhh.



Anyways, Gabby drives by the Brookstreet hotel every single morning to go to school. And guess what she tells me in her text? That she is currently 100 meters away from Sidney Crosby. Working out. They were working out. In the gym. The Pittsburgh Penguins. She got to see them, and all I've got is a lousy text message and a feeling of insane jealousy in my belly.



And then came the news. I find out in a few hours that I have a hockey game later that night. Which, lo and behold, means I will miss both the Pittsburgh game, and Grey's Anatomy! The day was beginning to diminish, and all this happened before lunch. Lunch, just in case you were wondering, was crap as well. If you're even a tiny bit late in getting your food, then all the tables are filled and you have to sit by yourself. High school sucks.



So, as the day goes on, I decide to take a brighter outlook on life. Yeah, I'm missing the Pitt game, but hey, there are always highlights. And I can watch Grey's Anatomy on ctv.ca tomorrow. And I get to play our club's rivalry team who we tied last game, so we get a chance to redeem ourselves. The day was looking up already. Or so I thought.



I was planning on studying for my huge science test that night before my hockey game, but I got a shitload of homework and didn't even have time to start. Oh well, is what I though, because I don't even give a crap about science anyways. So I decided to focus all my attention on the game I had to play. I was feeling good; I had eaten pasta. I felt like I was going to play a great game.



Boy, was I wrong. We lost. 6-1. But not only that. I was a -4. A -4! Do you people have any idea how bad that is? My shift on the ice, they score a goal. 1-0. My second shift, their second goal. 2-0. I think to myself that I really gotta step up my play on I'm not gonna play the second period. So, I go on for my third shift, all pumped, and I play kinda good. I keep the puck out of the zone for the majority of the time, and all is going fine. Well, until the very end of my shift, when I mess up a pass and give them a breakaway. 3-0. This is when my coach finally decides to sit me, a bit to my relief. I'm benched for two shifts, and I'm thinking that this is the time the redeem myself, maybe make something happen. I'm more positive as I go back on the ice, but not for long. They score again. 4-0, and all on my watch. We finally manage to put one in the third period, but, knowing my luck, I wasnt't even on for our only goal.

So, to sum up: I did not get to see the Pens game, I did not get to see Grey's Anatomy, I played like shit in my hockey game, we lost our spot in first place, and, if that wasn't enough, the Pens lost! Against Ottawa! How bad do you have to be to lose against the Sens? Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment